Business & Information Architect
Senior SharePoint Consultant
University of Canterbury, Christchurch
April 2014 – Current
Employed by the Univerity of Canterbury to provide SharePoint consultancy and administration.
SharePoint Administration Strategy
My approach to the administration and maintenance of UC’s environment consisted of:
- developing a plan to maintain the SharePoint server Farm ensure appropriate availability and performance of the Farm.
- engaged vendors to support the server environment when needed
- training and mentoring the Information Records Management Team (IRM) to create and manage SharePoint sites
- training business unit representatives to give them the skills and confidence to administer and maintain their sites independent of myself and IRM.
- I supported Site admins and provided resources (directly and through vendors) where more technical improvements were needed.
While at UC, I participated in other activities alongside my SharePoint Role
- Convenor of the UC ITS Architectural Governance Board
- Chair of the Community of Practice for Microsoft products at UC
- ITS website design and administration lead
Please see the Projects tab for more details on my achievements while at UC.